Laughing Buddha with Beads meaning

Beads/ Necklace
The necklace of beads is the Mala, the Buddhist string of prayer beads.  Buddha with beads represents the meditation practice. Some forms include Buddha with beads and folded hands signifying spiritual Journey. The message of the Buddhist Mala is 'Don't worry about things; worry about the fact that you are so worried all the time, and address the foot of that." A mala bead necklace helps to magnify and seal in good luck, wealth and happiness.

A mala is a string of 108 beads with one bead as the summit bead called a 'sumeru'. It is a tool used to keep your mind on the meditation practice. The Mala or Rosary in Buddhism is the symbol of the never ending cycle.

2 comments:

risa said...

Thanks for sharing the meaning. A friend of mine is fond of collecting such things.

Anonymous said...

I got my dog from a buddist priest in June he has necklace on they told me to never take it off because something could happen it is black and red beads on a black string the string broke so I just retied it but was wondering if I could but it on another string because if he gains any weight it will get tighter around his neck because now it is not as big as it was. I don't know the real meaning of the beads but I was told not to remove the beads because something bad could happen to him Could you give me any advice. Thank You

Post a Comment